According to the information provided you qualify to have your passport renewed using a DS-82 or a DS-5504 form. If you have reached this page directly, please make sure you qualify to use the aforementioned forms, you can do so by going to the Renewing your U.S. passport section.
- One recent 2″ x 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo with a white background. Make sure that the pictures comply with the requirements.
Important: If your picture does not comply with the requirements your application will not be accepted and you will have to come again to the embassy another day.
- Completed passport application Form DS-82 or DS-5504.
- Applicant’s previous passport.
Original and one (1) copy.
- Documentation supporting any amendment to biographic information (if needed).
Original and one (1) copy. (Court order name change or similar). If your previous passport has expired you might also need to bring other proof of U.S. citizenship (example: Naturalization or Birth Certificate).
Once you gathered all the information you may choose from two of the following options:
Drop off Application in Person at the U.S. Embassy
You will need to bring the DS-82/DS-5504 passport renewal application, the supporting documentation, a secondary picture ID apart from your passport (you will be asked to leave this ID in the consular section and a credit card/debit or cash to pay for your application (we do not accept checks).
For this type of service, you are not required to have an appointment, you may come in:
- U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, only on Monday to Thursday between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Given this is a drop off service; you may be called for an interview if it is required by the Consular Officer.
Also keep in mind that we may request additional documentation to support the application.