The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to be aware of their surroundings around the upcoming Easter holiday. Pay attention to local events happening in your area, such as holiday markets and processions, and be mindful of your personal security when you’re out and about.
The U.S. Embassy advises all U.S. citizens to be particularly vigilant around places of worship; large crowds; U.S. and local government facilities; and areas frequented by expatriates and foreign travelers.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Ethiopia.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, located at Entoto Street, P.O. Box 1014, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at +251-11-130-6000 Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. For after-hours emergencies, U.S. citizens should call +251-11-130-6911 or 011-130-6000 and ask to speak with the duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.