Location: Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples Region (SNNPR)
Event: The Ethiopia Public Health Emergency Management Directorate is investigating a probable yellow fever outbreak in the Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples Region (SNNPR). To date, there have been 32 suspected cases and 9 deaths reported in Offa Woreda in the Wolaita Zone.
U.S. government personnel who have not been vaccinated against yellow fever are advised to avoid travel to the affected area.
Actions to Take:
- Get vaccinated against yellow fever at least 10 days prior to travel to an affected area.
- Consult a medical professional if you have recently been in an affected area and have symptoms of yellow fever.
- Visit CDC’s website on yellow fever.
- U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
+251-111-306-911 or 011-130-6000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ethiopia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook