The Department of State revised its Travel Advisory for Ethiopia on June 7, 2021. The Department continues to advise travelers not to travel to Ethiopia due to COVID-19. This replaces the previous Travel Advisory issued on April 21, 2021.
Please read the entire Travel Advisory and the Country Information page for all regions of Ethiopia. We continue to update our Travel Advisory regarding safety and security in Ethiopia and more updates will follow.
If you decide to travel to Ethiopia:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa and leave originals in your hotel safe.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Ethiopia.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
+251-111-306-911 or 011-130-6000 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Unsubscribe.aspx