The Public Affairs Section of the Embassy of the United States of America in Addis Ababa is pleased to announce the 2020-2021 Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (Fulbright TEA).
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (Fulbright TEA) Program is a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by IREX.
The Fulbright TEA Program brings international secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week program to take academic seminars for professional development at a host university and to observe and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies (civics, history, geography, global studies, etc.), including special education teachers in those subjects at institutions serving primarily a local population
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five or more years of full-time teaching experience
- Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
- Citizen and resident of Ethiopia
Applications must be submitted using the online application at: http://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea before March 22, 2020.
If you have any questions related to the Fulbright TEA application process, please feel free to contact Wondimalem Geneti at GenetiWT@state.gov.
Public Affairs Section of the Embassy of the United States of America, Addis Ababa