In order to vote in the November 3, 2020 elections, all overseas U.S. citizens need to have completed a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) in 2020. Whether you are a first-time voter or have already received ballots and voted absentee in past elections, you must complete an FPCA each year to participate in elections as an overseas absentee voter.
Register to vote and request your absentee ballot at FVAP.gov now for this year’s elections.
Here are some important things to remember:
- Submitting your Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) early is the best way to help ensure the absentee voting process goes as smoothly as possible.
- The FPCA provides overseas U.S. citizens with an option to request that your blank ballots be delivered to you electronically.
- Submitting the FPCA allows you to use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) as a backup ballot, if needed.
To register to vote and request your ballot, fill out the FPCA using FVAP’s easy online assistant. You may also use the fillable PDF (185 KB) or pick up a hard copy version from a Voting Assistance U.S. Embassy or Consulate’s American Citizen Services Office.
If you would like to drop off your completed Federal Post Card Application for delivery to the United States via diplomatic pouch free of charge, the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa Ethiopia is accepting Federal Post Card Applications. You can drop off your completed voting forms and ballots, addressed to your local election officials, in our VOTE box at the Consular Entrance of the Embassy during the following hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm. Monday-Friday.
FVAP recommends all U.S. citizens overseas who are currently away from their voting jurisdictions or who have recently changed their address send in a new FPCA as soon as possible to ensure receipt of absentee ballots for all federal office elections in this election year.
To find your state’s election website for specific information on candidates, elections, contact information, and links to your local election offices, visit our contact page. You can also reach out directly to your election office for status updates on your registration and absentee ballot.
If you would like more information on the Federal Voting Assistance Program, or need help with the absentee voting process, please go to FVAP.gov or call 703-588-1584 (toll free 1-800-438-VOTE or DSN 425-1584) or email (email@example.com).
Remember, your vote counts!
Be absent but accounted for!
For further information:
- U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ethiopia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
To unsubscribe from this list: